BUMPDATE: 28 Weeks

Baby is about the size of an aubergine -
at least 37.5cm long and weighing about 1 kg!
So we have arrived in the 3rd trimester!! I had my 28 week growth scan today, so I got another look at Project Baby, who was being very stubborn (must be The Husband's genes...) and was lying in a full frank breech so the poor trainee sonographer had a hell of a time trying to get the necessary measurements! 😂

Whilst looking through the bumpdate photos, it seems silly comparing the previous weeks fruits and vegetables to this rather puny aubergine!? I am not sure how they decide on these fruit and veg comparisons but my aubergine is definitely NOT at least 37.5cm long nor anywhere close to 1kg in weight...


At the growth scan, Project Baby measured spot on the 50th centile which is excellent news. I was always worried they would be small / large since they told me I was 'high risk' but that seems not to be the case.

As a routine part of a 28 week antenatal appointment, they drew my blood to check for various things, iron status included. As I am rhesus negative, I also had my anti-D injection today, so I think I will draw up a post on rhesus negative soon. They also found I have a small hernia next to my belly button which is why it's been a bit tender, and as baby grows it's likely to become bigger...

So what's week 28 like? I am tired and have a sore spot next to my belly button. This makes me grumpy. I also hope to be able to get back to walking after all this snow and such, as I always feel much better being more mobile. I had a crazy craving for plain digestives with butter on when it was snowing and there was no stock in the shops of anything...

Comments