5 days to go...



So I have 5 days to go until my induction of labour. I am being induced on my due date due to the indicator which they term "advanced maternal age". Basically means I am over 40... This was news to me until I attended my 32week appointment, so I was a bit taken aback. However, there is robust scientific evidence that it is actually less risky for older mothers to give birth on or close to their due date, so on Tuesday, off I go to the maternity ward without regret!

At my last growth scan and antenatal clinic yesterday, I had a membrane sweep... It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but my cervix is basically not ready. I am not sure how much more ready it will be by Tuesday but we shall see! So far, more than 24hrs on, I've not had a single sign that it has worked to bring on labour so I am guessing my body just doesn't care! I've not even noticed losing my mucous plug, or any twinges or cramps... I had some very light spotting yesterday just after it was done, but as I've been on aspirin tablets, that is likely just a small blood vessel which bleeds more than it should do. I had been hopeful but it stopped within an hour...

I had my first week of maternity leave last week, this is my second. I was very productive last week but I still do not feel I have my hospital bag packed, even though it is. There seems to always be something I want to put into it or take out!! I am working on a post for that for the weekend.

So here I am. Feeling huge and uncomfortable, just counting down the days until I give birth. I also caught a cold this week so I am not really doing anything apart from playing computer games and snoozing... And here I was having these grand plans for things to do with time off!! 😂

Comments