BUMPDATE: 20 weeks!


Wow - I am half-way through my pregnancy already! I thought I'd celebrate by making a t-shirt for a funny bumpdate photo... 😁


After spending the 1st trimester with a range of pregnancy niggles and worrying about miscarriage, and then worrying about scans and test results in the beginning of the 2nd trimester, I am now already here, half-way through, calm and feeling pretty good, really enjoying feeling my growing baby's movements!

I haven't had my 20 week scan yet, it will not be until next week. But I am feeling so much better, although I have a suspicion that the pregnancy fatigue will not really ever go away... I am also really starting to show, and I am now getting a hint of what's to come as bump is starting to get in the way of shaving my legs 😳

So what is my week 20 like? We have started identifying essential purchases for the baby, so I will share this during the next month with you as well. I am always interested in hearing what YOU felt was essential during your first few months with a new baby?! We are not necessarily on a tight budget, but with maternity pay so woefully bad, I would prefer to instead save up some money until I go off instead of blowing a lot of money on things I may not actually use.

We have also started to talk about baby names. Knowing the sex of our baby has means we can concentrate our efforts more, but I think it will definitely take a couple of more months at least to actually come to a decision!!

So that's it for this week - stay tuned for my next bumpdate which will be on the day I have my 20 week scan!

Comments