LIFESTYLE: Mojito mocktail


OK so we're totally out of the party season by now and everyone wants to be healthy, but I have been enjoying making mocktails over the festive period so I thought I would start to share my fave recipes just in time for your weekend! 😁 Mocktails are like a party but without the hangover (or the fetal damage...) and I love them!

I was surprise that this actually tastes like the real thing, even the Husband agrees it is very tasty!

The ingredients:
40 ml Soda Water
4 Mint leaves
A sprinkle of caster sugar
30ml Apple juice
20ml Lime juice
15ml Elderflower cordial
Crushed ice (you should be generous with this)

Garnish:
Mint leaves
Lime wedge

You will need a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon to mush the mint leaves with the sugar in the bottom of each glass. Don't crush them too vigorously or you get leaf bits in the juice!! I then add the juices in order of "least first" ie starting with the Elderflower cordial. Next I crush ice with a granite mortar and pestle, I shall put up a video of my technique at some point. I add this to the juices. I then top up to the top with soda water, and add the garnish. I like to give it a gentle stir as I put in the straw but not too much.

I suggest putting on dark sunglasses and a bright lipstick and slinging your feet up on the coffee table while you sip this for that authentic holiday feeling!

Comments