REVIEW: nSpa Moisturising Bump Butter


Hormones are very useful in pregnancy, but wreak havoc with your body! They've given me very, very dry skin in pregnancy, which seems to only get worse as time goes on. So skincare is high up on my preggers essentials list!

One thing that people always say is to smear cocoa butter on the bump and you won't ever get stretchmarks. To be honest, I am married, over 40 and I don't care about stretchmarks... I already have some from my teenage years when I put on a lot of weight very quickly during puberty. What I do care about is preserving the elasticity of my skin so I am not itchy or flaky! At around 18 weeks, body lotion just wasn't cutting it when it as my bump started to expand and stretch the skin.

I got a sample in one of my Emma's Diary packs of the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter, but I couldn't hack the scent.... I know a lot of women swear by this, but it was just too greasy and highly scented for me. So I needed an alternative. There are a few brands out there, but many are very premium and very expensive for what they are!

By chance I spotted this bump butter by nSpa in Asda  before Xmas. It was a rather economical £3 so I bought it. And I am glad I did!

I really like the consistency - it's thick, but once on your hands melts in very nicely to the skin without leaving a sticky or greasy residue. It still keeps the skin moisturised all day, I tend to only need to put this on once a day. The scent is very light and fresh (great if you're feeling a bit meh). And it does not contain any mineral oil, unlike the Palmer's Tummy Butter. I've included a photo of the ingredients as well at the end of the post, as many expectant mums like to know what's in what they put on their skin during pregnancy (and rightly so, more on this in another post!). Oh and don't forget to put it on your boobs as well - they too are stretching and growing, and the skin on them is very thin compared to other parts of your body!

I will be buying another jar of this for sure, and I definitely recommend checking it out if you want to try a new bump butter!

Verdict? 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Economical, no nasties and works as expected! 

Ingredients list, the jar contains 200ml

Comments